[R-pkg-devel] help troubleshooting travis-ci issues?

Sun Aug 4 23:45:37 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-04 5:43 p.m., Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 at 23:26, Ben Bolker <bbolker using gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>   I'm having some trouble with travis builds of a package (local checks
>> work fine) and hoping if I can get suggestions for diagnosis &
>> troubleshooting ...
>>
>> The package is 'broom.mixed'; I hadn't changed it in a while, but
>> recently got a minor pull request which seemed reasonable. I believe the
>> problems I'm having now are dependency and/or caching problems, not
>> actually related to the changes in the package.
>>
>> The failing build is here
>>
>> https://travis-ci.org/bbolker/broom.mixed/builds/567597217
>
> I see various "package x was installed by an R version with different
> internals; it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version".
>
> Top of the page, right side, you should see More options > Caches. Try
> removing them and restart the build.
>
> Iñaki

  I tried that already, thanks.  That's why I'm now suspecting it's some
kind of mismatch between the Rutter PPAs and the default (?) repos that
Travis uses.  It would be a little painful, but I could edit out the
rstan dependency and try the builds with and without Rutter's PPA to
test that hypothesis ...

  cheers
    Ben Bolker