[R-pkg-devel] Note on winbuilder-develop

Wed Jul 24 12:12:35 CEST 2019

On 24/07/2019 3:08 a.m., Martin Maechler wrote:

>      > Thanks, I was looking at the raw files, not the .Rd files.
>      > There are \keyword arguments in those file, will have to
>      > search to see why they are getting generated.  -Roy
>
> just to rub the obvious into everybody's face ;-) :-D
> { apology for any offence ! } :
>
> If you'd use roxygen only initially and not anymore from then
> on, but rather then would keep hand-editing nicely humanly
> formatted  man/*.Rd  files,
> you would never see this (and quite a few "similar") problems.

I don't think that's a great idea, unless the initial use is basically
no more than using prompt().  If you have comments in your source that
look like help text, and different help text in your Rd file, it's going
to lead to confusion.  I don't think Roxygen is capable of updating your
source file comments when you edit your Rd file.