[R-pkg-devel] CRAN-compatible location for output of example code?

Michael Gruenstaeudl m|@gruen@t@eud| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 5 00:25:25 CEST 2019

Assume an R package that generates a figure ('output.pdf') as the result
of executing the example code specified in one of the manual files (i.e.
an .Rd file). The example code specifies the figure to be saved to the
root directory of the package (i.e., where files DESCRIPTION and
NAMESPACE are located).

\examples{
outFile <- paste(getwd(), "output.pdf", sep="")
}

Upon submitting the package to CRAN, I receive the NOTE that the
following note:

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: for non-standard things in the check directory, Result: NOTE
   Found the following files/directories:
     'output.pdf'

To which folder should I have the example code save the output file in
order for the code to be compatible with the CRAN submission guidelines?