[R-pkg-devel] Warning Message on Vignettes

Charith Karunarathna ch@r|th_k@run@r@thn@ @end|ng |rom @|u@c@
Wed Jul 3 01:41:04 CEST 2019

(Reposting..)

Hi everyone,

I am getting following two warnings when I submit my R package (perfectphyloR) to CRAN.

Warning 1: * checking files in 'vignettes' ... WARNING
             Files in the 'vignettes' directory but no files in 'inst/doc':
             'perfectphyloR.html', 'perfectphyloR.html.asis'

Warning 2: * checking package vignettes in 'inst/doc' ... WARNING
             dir.exists(dir) is not TRUE
             Package vignette without corresponding single PDF/HTML:
             'perfectphyloR.html.asis'

I want to make my vignette as a static html vignette (not the PDF). Therefore, I followed this documentation, https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/R.rsp/vignettes/R_packages-Static_PDF_and_HTML_vignettes.pdf

After including my html vignette (perfectphyloR.html) into the directory 'vignette', I created a file called "perfectphyloR.html.asis" and that file includes following lines:

%\VignetteIndexEntry{R packages: perfectphyloR}
%\VignetteEngine{R.rsp::asis}
%\VignetteKeyword{HTML}
%\VignetteKeyword{vignette}
%\VignetteKeyword{package}

Also, I added 'R.rsp' to the DESCRIPTION file as follows:
Suggests:
    knitr,
    rmarkdown,
    R.rsp
VignetteBuilder: R.rsp

So, I am wondering something is wrong with my .asis file or I am doing any other mistake. Could you help me fix this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Charith.