[R-pkg-devel] The correct way to put additional DLLs on windows?

Tue Jul 2 07:49:43 CEST 2019

A) You cannot assume the package code will have write access to the library directories. The user/admin who installs the package may never load the package.

B) Downloading binary files for execution without the direct involvement of the user/admin is a security risk.

C) Open-source package license means the source code is part of the package. Downloading binaries later fails this requirement.