[R-pkg-devel] "Progress reports" for examples in packages.

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Tue Jul 2 04:00:11 CEST 2019

I am currently working on a package such that when "R CMD check" is run
the procedure seems to disappear into a black hole when it gets to
the "* checking examples ..." stage.

Strangely, when I run the examples individually, although they take a
rather long time, they do not take an "endless" amount of time, so I am
puzzled.  I would like to be able to isolate where the hang-up is
occurring so that I can rectify the problem.

I guess I could, successively, wrap all but one of the examples in
\dontrun{} and see what happens in each case.  But this is rather
tedious.  Is there any to get some diagnostic output as to, e.g. which
example is being checked at the given moment?  Doing R CMD check --help
does not reveal any useful looking options.

Thanks for any tips.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--