[R-pkg-devel] CRAN NOTE: SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Wed Jun 19 19:11:04 CEST 2019

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 19:03, Charith Karunarathna
<charith_karunarathna using sfu.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got the following NOTES after submitting my R package to CRAN for the first time.
>
> "
> Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
> Check: use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles, Result: NOTE
>     src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS

So you have

PKG_CXXFLAGS = $(SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS)

and you are missing

PKG_LIBS = $(SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS)

>     src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but linking is by C++

Remove these from PKG_LIBS, you are compiling C++ code. CFLAGS -> C,
CXXFLAGS -> C++.

Iñaki