[R-pkg-devel] package submission errors gsl

halaleh kamari h@|@|eh@k@m@r| @end|ng |rom un|v-evry@|r
Sun Jun 16 16:10:34 CEST 2019

Hi,
I'm trying to submit my first package to cran. I got an email saying that my package does not pass the incoming checks automatically.
In fact I got 1 ERROR which is related to the RcppGSL package that I use in my package.
The relevant problem is:

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: whether package can be installed, Result: ERROR
Installation failed.

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: whether package can be installed, Result: ERROR
Installation failed.

and for each platform I got the following error:

g++-8: error: /usr/local/lib/libgsl.a: No such file or directory

g++.exe: error: /usr/local/lib/libgsl.a: No such file or directory

I add the script ./src/Makevars to precise the path of the gsl libraries and headers, it works without error on my MacBook.
my Makevars file:
CXX=clang++
PKG_CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include/gsl
PKG_LIBS = $(GSL_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS) /usr/local/lib/libgsl.a

I think I have to make a configure script looking for gsl. After the web searching I haven't find any article that explains how to do that. I am hoping you can help.

Thanks a lot,

Halaleh