[R-pkg-devel] How do I tell which alt-rep methods need to be implemented?

Travers Ching tr@ver@c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jun 15 10:37:53 CEST 2019

Greetings,

I have a package with alt-rep strings and I just learned from a bug report
that the "set_elt" method is required based on an interaction with another
package.

Error: "ALTSTRING classes must provide a Set_elt".

Previously, I thought this function wasn't necessary to implement, based on
my reading of the tutorial by Romain Francois.  I searched for
documentation and looked at the header file, but I couldn't determine which
methods are required.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

Best,
Travers