[R-pkg-devel] Another CRAN-only bug

David Hugh-Jones d@v|dhughjone@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 12 22:57:42 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Not for the first time, my package has a bug that isn't found on rhub,
travis, appveyor, or my local machine, but is found on CRAN. This time it's
Windows-only, so I can't even download a Docker image and investigate that
way.

TBH I am not very enthused by having to treat CRAN servers as "ground
truth", when there seems no way to reliably reproduce their configuration,
figure out what versions of packages are used, etc. Am I missing something?
Is another world possible?

Anyway, the error is at:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/huxtable_4.6.0_20190612_195453/Windows/examples_and_tests/
and it seems to relate to the openxlsx package, which is on 4.1.0.1 since
May 28 - presumably long enough for the latest version to be available on
win-builder. Any ideas would be welcome....

David