[R-pkg-devel] try() in R CMD check --as-cran

J C Nash pro|jcn@@h @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 7 14:53:28 CEST 2019

Sorry reply not quicker. For some reason I'm not getting anything in the thread I started!
I found the responses in the archives. Perhaps cc: nashjc using uottawa.ca please.

I have prepared a tiny (2.8K) package at
http://web.ncf.ca/nashjc/jfiles/fchk_2019-6.5.tar.gz

R CMD check --> OK

R CMD check --as-cran --> 1 ERROR, 1 NOTE

The error is in an example:

> benbad<-function(x, y){
>    # y may be provided with different structures
>    f<-(x-y)^2
> } # very simple, but ...
>
> y<-1:10
> x<-c(1)
> cat("test benbad() with y=1:10, x=c(1)\n")
> tryfc01 <- try(fc01<-fchk(x, benbad, trace=3, y))
> print(tryfc01)
> print(fc01)

There's quite a lot of output, but it doesn't make much sense to me, as
it refers to code that I didn't write.

The function fchk is attempting to check if functions provided for
optimization do not violate some conditions e.g., character rather than
numeric etc.

JN