[R-pkg-devel] Non-portable flags.

Wed Jun 5 03:54:58 CEST 2019

On 4 June 2019 at 17:35, Rolf Turner wrote:
| Thanks Dirk.  I did an upgrade and the NOTE went away, so I guess that
| all is well.

Yes.

| I'm never sure about upgrading with "sudo apt whatever", so I was a bit
| apprehensive.  For the record I did:
|
|      sudo apt update
|      sudo apt upgrade r.base

I have been doing 'wajig update; wajig dist-upgrade' thanks to Graham
Williams for probaly 15 years now. 'wajig' normalizes a few of the commands,
keeps state, and calls sudo for me.

| The latter took quite a while; 15 or 20 minutes.  There's probably
| something simpler that I could have done, but when you don't know, you
| don't know.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
You can always learn about these commands. It pays you back with interest.

| There was no indication that I am now getting version 3.6.0-2; any
| enquires about the version that I can seem to make indicate version
| 3.6.0; no "-2" in sight.  However, as I said above, it seems to have worked.

Upstream version:  3.6.0.  What 'R --version' shows you.

Distro build: 3.6.0-2.  What eg 'dpkg -s r-base-core' or 'dpkg -k
r-base-core' shows you.

Two related but different systems.

Dirk