[R-pkg-devel] [Rd] Making a package CITATION file from BibTeX

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Thu May 30 00:48:35 CEST 2019

I believe r-package-devel is the proper list for this. Now in CC.

On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 00:16, Dr Gregory Jefferis
<jefferis using mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to provide a CITATION file for my package nat.nblast [1].
>
> I have the correct citation in BibTeX format [2]. How can I convert this
> BibTeX to the format needed by R for a package CITATION file (I have a
> lot of other packages needing citations ...).
>
> I think what I need is the opposite of RefManageR::toBiblatex [3]. This
> seems like it should be a common need, so I feel sure I must be missing
> something, but I can't seem to google up any hints.

There's a specific section in the manual about this (1.9 CITATION
files), and lots of examples out there. Here's one:

https://github.com/r-simmer/simmer/blob/master/inst/CITATION

Iñaki