[R-pkg-devel] CRAN student assistants

alejandro baranek @|ej@ndrob@r@nek @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 16 22:38:06 CEST 2019

Joris:
I'm sorry about your feelings about my thoughts based on Hadley's related
experience.
I feel lucky to be learning from this community. I'm an R user for many
years, but only became a package developer recently and don't have the
background neither the history in the community for putting in doubt the
efforts the CRAN team make. I red some statistics, but don't have a clear
idea of the amount of work involved in CRAN maintenance. Don't even know
where to look for documentation about it.

If you tell me how can I do, I gladly can give feedback with some
observations IN PRIVATE about  experiences we had publishing in CRAN, for
improving the experience both for the developers and for the maintainers.
I'm sure the problem I want to describe is now solved, because the alarm
was set by CRAN maintainers. It is a very small issue,  by the way.

If there is a way for helping, I'm here.

I repeat, I feel lucky for finding a project (R) where I feel contained in
many of my *strange* curiosity inquires.

All the best, Ale.