[R-pkg-devel] package problems

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Thu Apr 25 18:57:21 CEST 2019

On 25.04.2019 02:09, Dennis Boos wrote:
> R Package Folks,
>
> The automatic checks rejected my package submission. A year ago, I got
> past the automatic checks, but a CRAN person told me to add a doi and
> use \donttest{}.
>
> 1. So I added the doi to the DESCRIPTION file--it seems to work using
> the cran checks in Rstudio and everything looks good when I load the
> package locally.  However, I got this message today when I submitted
>
> Found the following (possibly) invalid DOIs:
>      DOI: 10.1002/insr.12087
>        From: DESCRIPTION
>        Message: 404
>
> But the paper exists and I have placed it at
>
> https://www4.stat.ncsu.edu/~boos/Monte.Carlo.se/
>
> for anyone to check. The package source code is also there.
>
> 2. I tried \donttest{}, but decided to use \dontrun{} after getting
> rejected for having examples that run too long. Still I got this message
> today:
>
> Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
> Check: running examples for arch 'i386', Result: NOTE
>    Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
>                  user system elapsed
>    mc.se.matrix 35.13   0.64   35.93
>
> Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
> Check: running examples for arch 'x64', Result: NOTE
>    Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
>                  user system elapsed
>    mc.se.matrix 27.38   0.63   28.14
>
> Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
> Check: examples, Result: NOTE
>    Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
>                  user system elapsed
>    mc.se.matrix 18.62  1.372   19.99

First qiuestion has been answered already, second one: Apparently it is
NOT in \dontrun{}.
Please reduce each example to less than 5 sec and try to use toy
examples that can be quickly executed by users to see how the fucntion
works. Additionally to the sorter ones, longer examples can be provided
within \donttest{}.

Best,
Uwe Ligges