[R-pkg-devel] SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles

Maxime Turgeon m@x|me@turgeon @end|ng |rom m@||@mcg|||@c@
Mon Apr 15 17:31:57 CEST 2019

The NOTE refers to Makevars and Makevars.win. The most logical place to start your investigation would be those two files. Do you have any reason to believe that they are *not* the culprits?

Max
________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Jarrett Phillips <phillipsjarrett1 using gmail.com>
Sent: April 15, 2019 11:21 AM
To: r-package-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles

In checking my R package via devtools::check and devtools::check_built, I
received the following NOTE which I am unsure how to fix. My package
contains compiled code (via Rcpp). Within my .cpp file I have the following
line:

#define ARMA_DONT_PRINT_OPENMP_WARNING

Is this the issue?

checking use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles ... NOTE
  src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but
not in PKG_LIBS
  src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but
linking is by C++
  src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS
but not in PKG_LIBS
  src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but
linking is by C++

Thanks.