[R-pkg-devel] SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles

Jarrett Phillips ph||||p@j@rrett1 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 15 17:21:31 CEST 2019

In checking my R package via devtools::check and devtools::check_built, I
received the following NOTE which I am unsure how to fix. My package
contains compiled code (via Rcpp). Within my .cpp file I have the following
line:

#define ARMA_DONT_PRINT_OPENMP_WARNING

Is this the issue?

checking use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles ... NOTE
  src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but
not in PKG_LIBS
  src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but
linking is by C++
  src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS
but not in PKG_LIBS
  src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but
linking is by C++

Thanks.