[R-pkg-devel] can't commit changes to a package on R-Forge

Georgi Boshnakov georg|@bo@hn@kov @end|ng |rom m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Sat Apr 6 12:39:35 CEST 2019

Hi,

I was given admin access to an R package developed on R-Forge, which I have not used before. I installed a command line svn client, checked out the package
>svn checkout svn://geobosh@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/fints/

update, etc works fine, until I try to commit the changes:

>svn commit -m "update by Georgi"
svn: E170001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E170001: Authorization failed

The commit command doesn't ask me for username/password and all my attempts were in vain. Google search finds similar queries but the answers didn't help.

I can't find any way to make it ask me for credentials and will appreciate any help.

Georgi Boshnakov