[R-pkg-devel] Should R be in single quotes in package Description filed in DESCRIPTION file?

Maxime Turgeon m@x|me@turgeon @end|ng |rom m@||@mcg|||@c@
Mon Mar 25 16:26:30 CET 2019

Looking at `tools::CRAN_package_db()`, I can see 1433 packages that mention R in the Description field, and only 77 use single quotes around it. So I would say that the consensus seems to be to *not* use single quotes.

On the other hand, I am not convinced you need to mention R at all in your Description field. So maybe a third option would be:
   derivatives which are used in the corresponding 'adept' package.

Max
________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Marta Kara� <marta.karass using gmail.com>
Sent: March 25, 2019 11:13 AM
To: package-develop
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] Should R be in single quotes in package Description filed in DESCRIPTION file?

Should R be in single quotes in package Description filed in DESCRIPTION
file? E.g. which of the following versions of Description file is correct?

   derivatives which are used in the corresponding 'adept' 'R' package.
   derivatives which are used in the corresponding 'adept' R package.

Thank you,
Marta