[R-pkg-devel] Bioconductor dependencies => Windows checks failed

Wed Feb 27 16:09:21 CET 2019

On 27/02/2019 9:13 a.m., Matthew Hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve just tried to submit a package to CRAN which has a Bioconductor dependency (ggtree, specifically). It passes checks on MacOS and Debian, but fails on Windows with the error:
>
> Error: object 'as_data_frame' is not exported by 'namespace:tidytree'
>
> The official ggtree developer solution to this known issue is to upgrade to Bioconductor 3.8, so I’m guessing the version used in the check is earlier? Is there anything I can do?

You can specify package versions in your DESCRIPTION file.  If the
ggtree version that requires tidytree::as_data_frame is numbered higher
than one that doesn't, you should specify that, e.g.

Imports:  ggtree (>= 1.14.6), ...