[R-pkg-devel] Regarding maGUI package error

Tue Feb 19 22:06:38 CET 2019

On 19/02/2019 11:47 a.m., dhamma pal wrote:
> Dear all.
> The current version of the maGUI package is 2.2 which got errors after the
> upgradation of R version.
>
> Therefore I was trying to submit new version 2.3 of the package but getting
> warnings of the previous version of 2.2 at the CRAN incoming Precheck
> server.
>
> To resolve this, Do I need to upload the corrected package with the 2.2
> version?
> or How to rectify the errors of the previous version the packages at the
> CRAN repository?
>
> Note: The error message is that "BiocInstaller and biocLite packages are
> depreciated. Use BiocManager instead." Therefore I have replaced these
> packages with BiocManager package. But now It couldn't upload at CRAN
> because of the errors in the previous version.

I suspect your interpretation of the messages you've received could be
incorrect.  Could you post a copy of it if it came by email, or a link
if it's on a web page?

One reason you may have trouble uploading a revision is that you were
unresponsive to requests for fixes in the previous one, and your package
has been archived:  see

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/maGUI/index.html

and

https://cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2018-11-01_check_results_maGUI.html

The stuff about the Bioconductor packages is shown as warnings, but you
also have errors.  Did you fix everything?