[R-pkg-devel] registering native routines

Bob Rudis bob @end|ng |rom rud@|@
Mon Feb 18 18:59:39 CET 2019

I believe you've got _some_ time. As of the changes in 3.4.0 the verbiage is:

   R CMD check --as-cran now NOTEs if the package does not register
   its native routines or does not declare its intentions on (native)
   symbol search. (This will become a WARNING in due course.)

And I think it's still a NOTE vs a full-on WARNING (I register all mine but can test this later).

Rcpp makes this super simple and the tools::package_native_routine_registration_skeleton() is also pretty painless as does Kevin Ushey's souretools::register_routines() (https://github.com/kevinushey/sourcetools/blob/master/R/register.R).

-boB