[R-pkg-devel] registering native routines

Charles Geyer ch@r||e @end|ng |rom @t@t@umn@edu
Sun Feb 17 12:47:33 CET 2019

Sorry.  I am a moron.  It was an illusion.  I was checking R package
foo with the Makevars for R package fooRegister via the
R_MAKEVARS_USER mechanism and got confused.  In fact R package foo,
when checked with --as-cran only gives warnings not errors about
registering native routines.

So AFAICS, CRAN warns against not using registration of native
routines but that is not yet an ERROR.  So that is what I am going to
tell the students.

All of my CRAN packages properly register native routines, and I teach
this to my advisees and students.  But my github packages I use as
teaching examples don't (except for the aforementioned fooRegister)
and I was suddenly worried about them.