[R-pkg-devel] Starter Help

Stefan McKinnon Høj-Edwards @me @end|ng |rom |y@|k@com
Mon Feb 18 09:13:06 CET 2019

Hi Iaw,

Hadley's book is generally a good starting point. For an overview of the
roxygen2, I have a summary on http://www.iysik.com/r/roxygen2, which is but
a small addition to the current sphere of knowledge.

Re. your questions:
> * is it possible to import a set of *.Rd man documentation files into my
R session?
It is not clear what you are trying here. Rd documentation is not code
(except the examples), so importing it into an R session seems to me
nonsense. If you want to import existing Rd documention into a roxygen2
documentation, you will have to copy-paste the text and give it the
necessary tags.

> * is it still good practice to place my functions into their own
environments
Yes, this complicates everything. Stop doing it.

I do not have answers to your other questions.

/Stefan