[R-pkg-devel] how is RData in /data understood

Troels Ring tr|ng @end|ng |rom gvdnet@dk
Tue Jan 22 15:58:47 CET 2019

Dear friends - I noticed in Hadley Wickham's comprehensive book on packages
under "exported data" that the .RData file in data directory is "containing
a single object (with the same name as the file)". However, in the "Writing
R extensions" 1.1.6 - when discussing images created by save there is no
statement I can see that the RData should only contain a single object? Is
that common knowledge?

I got a  problem when adding the code below to an otherwise well working
datasets.R in R directory - wonder if it is connected to the above since
Baaeza.RData contains multiple objects.

#' routine for multiequilibrium problems

#'

#' @description Data from Baeza-Baeza et al.

#'

#' @format A worksheet.

#' \describe{

#'  \item{Na}{Strong ions}

#' }

#'

#' @examples

#' data(Baeza)

#'

"Baeza"

And even though I have Baeza.RData in the /data directory ctrl-shift-B
stopped immediately with

Updating acidcharge documentation

error: 'baeza' is not exported object from 'namespace:acidcharge'

run stopped

Exited with status 1

Best wishes

Troels