[R-pkg-devel] Imported function cannot be found. (Solved.)

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Fri Jan 18 09:04:36 CET 2019

On 1/18/19 4:08 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 18 January 2019 at 15:13, Rolf Turner wrote:
> |
> | Thanks Dirk.  Your suggestion worked perfectly.  (See inline below.)
>
> Glad to hear.

<SNIP>

> Something is off the rocker here as you should not have to do anything here
> besides importing brms::brm.  That another package uses Rcpp should not force
> you to do something so I suspect something else is amiss.  But based on the
> information given I can not think of a suggestion. As they say: Oh well ...

Yeah, I thought it a bit odd when what I tried initially didn't work.
But as I indicated earlier, all this business about Depend, Suggests,
Imports etc. and the distinctions between them seems like sorcery to me.
And since what I have now tried, on the basis of your suggestion, *does*
work, I think that "Oh well ..." is the right answer to the conundrum.

cheers,

Rolf

--
Honorary Research Fellow