[R-pkg-devel] Imported function cannot be found. (Solved.)

Fri Jan 18 04:08:05 CET 2019

On 18 January 2019 at 15:13, Rolf Turner wrote:

| Thanks Dirk.  Your suggestion worked perfectly.  (See inline below.)

Glad to hear.

| On 1/18/19 2:50 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > On 18 January 2019 at 11:59, Rolf Turner wrote:

[...]

| > Which of these packages uses Rcpp Modules?  Yours?  brms::brm()
|
| Definitely brms:brm()!!!  Using Rcpp is far beyond my limited capabilities.
|
| > It may be more prudent replace
| >
| >     importFrom("Rcpp","cpp_object_initializer")
| >
| > with
| >
| >     import(Rcpp)
| >
| > which tickles a different initialization for Rcpp. I just checked two Rcpp
| > Modules using packages of mine, and they use that latter approach.
|
| Yep.  Tried that, and it works.  It all seems like sorcery to me, but I
| guess if I (or somebody more clever than I, e.g. your very good self)
| can get it to work, then that's all that matters.

Something is off the rocker here as you should not have to do anything here
besides importing brms::brm.  That another package uses Rcpp should not force
you to do something so I suspect something else is amiss.  But based on the
information given I can not think of a suggestion. As they say: Oh well ...

Dirk