[R-pkg-devel] Package update submission to CRAN fails on pretest

peter dalgaard pd@lgd @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Dec 7 13:58:03 CET 2018

Hmm, no ERRORs in the CRAN checks at this moment?

Re. utf-8, on Mac OS, the CRAN checks have a note about 90 strings marked as utf8.

I see 57 of them in

> life$Country[Encoding(life$Country)!="unknown"]
 [1] "Korea, Dem. People’s Rep." "Korea, Dem. People’s Rep."
 [3] "Korea, Dem. People’s Rep." "Korea, Dem. People’s Rep."
 [5] "Korea, Dem. People’s Rep." "Korea, Dem. People’s Rep."

and 32 more in "mortality". You go find the remaining 1...

This seems to be an issue with the quote symbol:

> u <- life$Country[Encoding(life$Country)!="unknown"][1]
> Encoding(u)
[1] "UTF-8"
> Encoding(u) <- "bytes"
[1] "Korea, Dem. People\\xe2\\x80\\x99s Rep."

I have no clue why this is not an issue on only some platforms.

-pd