[R-pkg-devel] Can I put my small data-sets into one .rda file in my CRAN package?

Michael Dewey li@t@ @ending from dewey@myzen@co@uk
Wed Dec 5 16:19:26 CET 2018

At the moment my package (metap) has a number of small data-sets each as
a separate .rda file. It works fine. I thought it would be neater to put
them all into one file which I called data.rda (original choice of name
there).

Now when I do R CMD build metap
it fails when trying to build the vignette when that executes
data(validity)
where validity is contained in data.rda.

I cannot find anything in writing R extensions which explicitly forbids
this but equally nothing which explicitly permits it. Am I missing
something? Obviously this is not an important problem and as the title
says the solution should work on CRAN too.

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html