[R-pkg-devel] FOSS license and restricted use by further dependence

Uwe Ligges ligge@ @ending from @t@ti@tik@tu-dortmund@de
Thu Nov 22 15:18:56 CET 2018

On 22.11.2018 15:11, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Javier,
>
> On 22 November 2018 at 09:49, Javier García-Pintado wrote:
> | * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> | Maintainer: ‘Javier Garcia-Pintado <jgarciapintado using marum.de>’
> |
> | New submission
> |
> | Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
> |   Kalman (11:49)
>
> Just _either_ use apostrophes around it: ie wite 'Kalman' or 'Kalman Filter'
> or trust that the CRAN maintainers may have seen the name before.
>
> Exceptions happen.

Thanks for the answer, Dirk. In this case we'd prefer no quotes around
person names, please. spell check items are always subject to manual
inspection on first submission and if new spell check output is apparent..

Single quotes around software names such as 'pkg', functions should be
written with parentheses as in foo().

Best,
Uwe