[R-pkg-devel] Note issued though package is in depends (or imports)

Bernd.Gruber Bernd@Gruber @ending from c@nberr@@edu@@u
Thu Nov 22 00:22:06 CET 2018

Hi,

I had a package on cran for a while.

Since the latest update/recompile I get the Note (not via R-studio, but running Rstudio to compile)

NOTE

checking data for non-ASCII characters ... NOTE
  Error in .requirePackage(package) :
    unable to find required package 'raster'
  Calls: <Anonymous> ... getClass -> getClassDef -> .classEnv -> .requirePackage
  Execution halted

when I test the package.

Unfortunately I am stuck here as I do not know why this Note is issued.

My suspicion is that I have an internal data set of type raster that throws the error. But I have the raster package in the depends in my description file also I tried to put it into imports.

Or add an @import raster into the roxygen description of the data set. Nothing seems to work and the Note still occurs.

Anyone has a similar idea and or is there an idea how can I reproduce the Note (as said under R-studio I cannot see it, it compiles fine without Note) only on win-builder I get that.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards, Bernd

Dr Bernd Gruber                                              )/_
                                                         _.--..---"-,--c_
Associate Professor                                 \|..'           ._O__)_
Tel: (02) 6206 3804                         ,=.    _.+   _ \..--( /
Fax: (02) 6201 2328                           \\.-''_.-' \ (     \_
Institute for Applied Ecology                  `'''       `\__   /\
Faculty of Science and Technology                          ')
University of Canberra   ACT 2601 AUSTRALIA
Email: bernd.gruber using canberra.edu.au<mailto:bernd.gruber using canberra.edu.au>
WWW: bernd-gruber<https://researchprofiles.canberra.edu.au/en/persons/bernd-gruber>

Australian Government Higher Education Provider Number CRICOS #00212K
NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential or copyright material and are for the attention of the addressee
only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email
reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

[UC Logo]<http://www.canberra.edu.au>           [UC #1 IN THE ACT]

[UC Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfCanberra>[UC Twitter]<https://twitter.com/UniCanberra> [UC Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/unicanberra/> [UC Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/uniofcanberra>             [University of Canberra] <http://www.canberra.edu.au>   *GUG 2019

Australian Government Higher Education Registered Provider number (CRICOS) #00212K