[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check halts on @example in shiny::runApp()

Joris Meys Jori@@Mey@ @ending from ugent@be
Mon Nov 19 16:17:34 CET 2018

Hi Lindsay,

this is normal and to be expected, as shiny blocks R and shifts focus to
the browser. This only makes sense in interactive modus, as your app needs
input from a user before it does anything.

So for your shiny examples, you always have to use \dontrun{}.
Cheers
Joris

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:14 PM L Rutter <lindsayannerutter using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> R CMD check does not complete for my package and halts at the line "*
> checking examples ..." I suspect the halting is due to @examples
> hanging in certain R/foo.R files, where shiny::runApp() is called for
> a shiny app located in a separate directory in this type of format:
>
> appDir <- system.file("shiny-examples", "plotLitreApp", package =
> "bigPint")
> shiny::runApp(appDir, display.mode = "normal")
>
> I suspect this is the problem because I previously had \dontrun{}
> around my @examples that used shiny apps and R CMD check worked fine.
> When I run the example code for these shiny apps directly into R, the
> shiny app works no problem. An example of one such R/foo.R file
> causing this hanging problem is located in the developing package at:
>
> https://github.com/lrutter/bigPint/blob/master/R/plotLitreApp.R
>
> Any advice on how to successfully use the @examples for this script
> and not halt R CMD check would be much appreciated!
>
> Thank you!...
> Lindsay

Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Department of Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling
Ghent University
Coupure Links 653, B-9000 Gent (Belgium)
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Coupure+links+653,%C2%A0B-9000+Gent,%C2%A0Belgium&entry=gmail&source=g>

tel: +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Biowiskundedagen 2017-2018
http://www.biowiskundedagen.ugent.be/