[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission maGUI 2.3

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@bioc @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Nov 12 13:14:58 CET 2018

I cannot tell whether this will be helpful or not. It looks to me like the warning occurs when one of your dependencies uses BiocInstaller. You could create a database of all available packages

  chooseCRANmirror()
  chooseBioCmirror()
  db = available.packages()

find the installation dependencies of your package dependencies

  flds = c("Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo")
  pkgs = read.dcf("DESCRIPTION", flds)[, flds]
  pkgs = trimws(unlist(strsplit(pkgs, ","), use.names = FALSE))
  pkgs = pkgs[!is.na(pkgs)]

and discover which references BiocInstaller

  deps = tools::package_dependencies(pkgs, db, recursive = TRUE)
  unlist(deps)["BiocInstaller" %in% unlist(deps)]

But actually when I run this with version 2.2 of your package I don't see a dependency on BiocInstaller (other than in your own package).

Martin