[R-pkg-devel] Question: Download package JAR from Github URL to /inst/java in an R package

Maria Cristina Heredia Gómez mrcr@tnheredi@gmez @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Oct 25 11:56:35 CEST 2018

Hi everyone!

I have been developing an R package for ordinal and monotonic data named
OCAPIS <https://github.com/CristinaHG/OCAPIS> but algorithms are mainly
built in Scala. So, I provide a FAT Jar
<https://github.com/CristinaHG/OCAPIS/tree/master/OCAPIS/inst/java/scala-2.12>
with the package in /inst/java folder.
Providing that FAT JAR is intended to facilitate the installation to the
user, as he/she will not need to install the Scala Breeze
<https://github.com/scalanlp/breeze> library used for algebraic and numeric
operations. As a result, the package weights 37M and I doubt if CRAN would
accept it.

I was wondering if you guys knew any way that I can specify to download the
.Jar from, for example, the Github repository
<https://github.com/CristinaHG/OCAPIS/tree/master/OCAPIS/inst/java/scala-2.12>
where it is located and place it under /inst/java when installing the
package. Or something similar.

Thanks in advance,

Cristina HG