[R-pkg-devel] make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Sep 13 21:45:54 CEST 2018

On 13/09/2018 1:20 PM, Goldfeld, Keith wrote:
> Good afternoon - I am updating my package simstudy, and when I build and install the package from within Rstudio (clicking on "Install and Restart") I am getting an error/warning message. I've seen some posts on this issue from the past, but the suggested solutions (remove self-references) didn't seem relevant in my case, since there are no self-references that I am aware of. If someone has other thoughts, let me know.

That message just means that you have not changed your source files for
compiled code since the last build.  All of the make targets are up to
date.  (Changes to .R files are handled differently, this only applies
to .c/.cpp/.f etc.).

It's nothing to worry about unless you actually did make a change to one
of those files, in which case something is wrong with your Makefile and
your changes aren't being seen.

Duncan Murdoch