[R-pkg-devel] RcppEigen and -Wno-ignored-attributes flag

Τόλης Χαλκής toli@@ch@l @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Sep 10 15:27:32 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am developing a R package using RcppEigen on Ubuntu 18.04. Since update
0.3.3.4.0 I get hundreds of warnings but if I add  PKG_CXXFLAGS =
-Wno-ignored-attributes in Makevars the warnings disappear and the compile
time reduces a lot.

devtools::check() gives the warning below:

checking compilation flags in Makevars ... WARNING
Non-portable flags in variable 'PKG_CXXFLAGS':
  -Wno-ignored-attributes

I know I can only address the flag via my local compiler options. But
should I mentioned it to the package README? Is there anything else I could
do to overcome the problem with the hundreds of warning messages for the
other users that install the package for the first time?

Thanks in advance,
Chalkis Apostolos