[R-pkg-devel] Submission to CRAN when package needs personal data (API key)

Hadley Wickham h@wickh@m @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Sep 7 17:38:42 CEST 2018

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 9:13 AM Iñaki Ucar <iucar using fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> El vie., 7 sept. 2018 a las 16:03, Ralf Stubner
> (<ralf.stubner using daqana.com>) escribió:
> >
> > On 07.09.2018 15:52, Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> > > For the record, this is what the testthat paper in the R Journal says:
> > >
> > > "[...] I recommend storing your tests in inst/tests/ (so users also
> > > have access to them), then including one file in tests/ that runs all
> > > of the package tests. The test_package(package_name) function makes
> > > this easy. [...] This setup has the additional advantage that users
> > > can make sure your package works correctly in their run-time
> > > environment."
> >
> > Tests in 'inst/test' got deprecated later on:
> >
> > https://github.com/r-lib/testthat/commit/0a7d27bb9ea545be7da1a10e511962928d888302
>
> Yeap, and I was pointing out the *old* (2011) practice and
> recommendation. The reason why this evolved and changed, that I don't
> know.

Because CRAN specifically asked me to put testthat tests in tests/
(R's standard testing directory), rather that somewhere non-standard.

Hadley

--
http://hadley.nz