[R-pkg-devel] Submission to CRAN when package needs personal data (API key)

Iñaki Ucar iuc@r @ending from fedor@project@org
Fri Sep 7 16:13:16 CEST 2018

El vie., 7 sept. 2018 a las 16:03, Ralf Stubner
(<ralf.stubner using daqana.com>) escribió:

> On 07.09.2018 15:52, Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> > For the record, this is what the testthat paper in the R Journal says:
> >
> > "[...] I recommend storing your tests in inst/tests/ (so users also
> > have access to them), then including one file in tests/ that runs all
> > of the package tests. The test_package(package_name) function makes
> > this easy. [...] This setup has the additional advantage that users
> > can make sure your package works correctly in their run-time
> > environment."
>
> Tests in 'inst/test' got deprecated later on:
>
> https://github.com/r-lib/testthat/commit/0a7d27bb9ea545be7da1a10e511962928d888302

Yeap, and I was pointing out the *old* (2011) practice and
recommendation. The reason why this evolved and changed, that I don't
know.

Iñaki