[R-pkg-devel] CRAN questions

Uwe Ligges ligge@ @ending from @t@ti@tik@tu-dortmund@de
Tue Aug 7 20:11:46 CEST 2018

On 07.08.2018 20:07, Ossenbruggen, Paul wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I believe the missed spelled words are false/positives, but I am new to R package development and uncertain if these Notes are will cause rejection:
>

> Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>    cartools (3:8)

Software names (only) should be single quotes in Title and Description
fields.

> Unknown, possibly mis-spelled, fields in DESCRIPTION:
>    ‘Remotes'

Please get rid of that field for CRAN submissions.

>   The following Note may be serious. I would address it but I cannot decipher its meaning. My best guess is that the package name, “cartools” does not match “Basic.tar.gz”.

Basic.tar.gz can't be a valid filename prodiced by R CMD build.

R CMD build will use the package name and version number for the name of
the tarball.

> The Title field is just the package name: provide a real title.

Please provide a name

Package:

and a title in

Title:

Where the title can be a bit more descriptive than the name, of course.

Look at examples what other packages do.

Best,
Uwe Ligges