[R-pkg-devel] Get an empty note for "checking DESCRIPTION meta-information" when I run devtools::build_win()

Eggleston, Barry beggle@ton @ending from rti@org
Wed Jul 25 15:00:35 CEST 2018

Below is a copy of my DESCRIPTION file:

Package: BayesCTDesign
Type: Package
Title: Two Arm Bayesian Clinical Trial Design with and Without Historical Control Data
Version: 1.0.0
Authors using R: c(
    person("Barry", "Eggleston", email = "beggleston using rti.org<mailto:beggleston using rti.org>", role = c("cre", "aut")),
               person("Doug", "Wilson", email = "doug.roy.wilson using gmail.com<mailto:doug.roy.wilson using gmail.com>", role = c("aut")),
               person("Becky", "McNeil", email = "rmcneil using rti.org<mailto:rmcneil using rti.org>", role = c("aut")),
    person("Joseph", "Ibrahim", email = "jibrahim using email.unc.edu<mailto:jibrahim using email.unc.edu>", role = c("aut")),
               person("Diane", "Catellier", email = "dcatellier using rti.org<mailto:dcatellier using rti.org>", role = c("fnd", "rth")))
Maintainer: Barry Eggleston <beggleston using rti.org<mailto:beggleston using rti.org>>
Description: A set of functions to help clinical trial researchers calculate power and sample size for two-arm Bayesian randomized clinical trials that do or do not incorporate historical control data.  At some point during the design process, a clinical trial researcher who is designing a basic two-arm Bayesian randomized clinical trial needs to make decisions about power and sample size within the context of hypothesized treatment effects.  Through simulation, the \code{simple_sim()} function will estimate power and other user specified clinical trial characteristics at user specified sample sizes given user defined scenarios about treatment effect,control group characteristics, and outcome.  If the clinical trial researcher has access to historical control data, then the researcher can design a two-arm Bayesian randomized clinical trial that incorporates the historical data.  In such a case, the researcher needs to work through the potential consequences of historical and randomized control differences on trial characteristics, in addition to working through issues regarding power in the context of sample size, treatment effect size, and outcome.  If a researcher designs a clinical trial that will incorporate historical control data, the researcher needs the randomized controls to be from the same population as the historical controls.  What if this is not the case when the designed trial is implemented?  During the design phase, the researcher needs to investigate the negative effects of possible historic/randomized control differences on power, type one error, and other trial characteristics.  Using this information, the researcher should design the trial to mitigate these negative effects.  Through simulation, the \code{historic_sim()} function will estimate power and other user specified clinical trial characteristics at user specified sample sizes given user defined scenarios about historical and randomized control differences as well as treatment effects and outcomes.  The results from \code{historic_sim()} and \code{simple_sim()} can be printed with \code{print_table()} and graphed with \code{plot_table()} methods.  Outcomes considered are Gaussian, Poisson, Bernoulli, Lognormal, Weibull, and Piecewise Exponential.
Depends: R (>= 3.5.0)
License: GPL-3
Encoding: UTF-8
LazyData: true