[R-pkg-devel] [FORGED] Corrections on build errors: do I need to bump version?

Rolf Turner r@turner @ending from @uckl@nd@@c@nz
Fri Jun 15 08:58:37 CEST 2018

On 15/06/18 18:24, Lorenzo Busetto wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I received a message from CRAN asking to solve some build problems on
> Debian introduced in a recent package submission (MODIStsp 1.3.4) due to a
> test writing in the user's filespace (ops...).
>
>   After making the required changes, do I need to resubmit  with the same
> version number, or submit a new version?
>
> Thanks in advance,

I am in no sense an expert, but IMHO it never *hurts* to bump the
version number.  (And it is *probably* necessary to do so in your
circumstances.)  It is probably prudent to make a note in the Changelog
(and it is also prudent to keep a Changelog!) to the effect "Version
i.j-k never installed on CRAN".

But as I said, I am no expert.  Younger and wiser heads may chip in with
advice that is more sound.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--