[R-pkg-devel] FW: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission bwt 1.1.0

khoong Wei Hao khoongweih@o @ending from hotm@il@com
Wed May 30 16:03:45 CEST 2018

Hi Everyone,

I encountered an issue during my submission of my package (see original message below).

I ran checks and tests with testthat::test_dir("tests/") and devtoos::check(), and all seemed fine except some issues with undocumented objects which I did note in the .Rd file, and the documentation appeared in the console as I ran the package. The following is my R console output:

> devtools::check()
Updating bwt documentation
First time using roxygen2. Upgrading automatically...
Warning: The existing 'NAMESPACE' file was not generated by roxygen2, and will not be overwritten.
Setting env vars ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CFLAGS  : -Wall -pedantic
CXXFLAGS: -Wall -pedantic
Building bwt --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/bin/x64/R" --no-site-file --no-environ --no-save --no-restore --quiet CMD build  \
  "C:\Users\khoongwh\Documents\bwt" --no-resave-data --no-manual

* checking for file 'C:\Users\khoongwh\Documents\bwt/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'bwt':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking for LF line-endings in source and make files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories Removed empty directory 'bwt/man'
Removed empty directory 'bwt/tests/testthat'
* building 'bwt_1.1.0.tar.gz'

Setting env vars ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_R_CHECK_CRAN_INCOMING_ : FALSE
_R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_: FALSE
Checking bwt --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/bin/x64/R" --no-site-file --no-environ --no-save --no-restore --quiet CMD check  \
  "C:\Users\khoongwh\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpKmUMRO/bwt_1.1.0.tar.gz" --as-cran --timings --no-manual

* using log directory 'C:/Users/khoongwh/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpKmUMRO/bwt.Rcheck'
* using R version 3.3.2 (2016-10-31)
* using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* using options '--no-manual --as-cran'
* checking for file 'bwt/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'bwt' version '1.1.0'
* package encoding: UTF-8
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for .dll and .exe files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking whether package 'bwt' can be installed ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... WARNING Non-standard license specification:
  GNU General Public License v3.0
Standardizable: FALSE
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING Undocumented code objects:
  'bwt' 'ibwt'
All user-level objects in a package should have documentation entries.
See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.
* checking examples ... NONE
* checking for unstated dependencies in 'tests' ... OK
* checking tests ...
  Running 'testthat.R'
Warning message:
running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/bin/x64/R" CMD BATCH --vanilla  "testthat.R" "testthat.Rout"' had status 1  ERROR Running the tests in 'tests/testthat.R' failed.
Last 13 lines of output:

  Type 'q()' to quit R.

  > library(testthat)
  Warning message:
  package 'testthat' was built under R version 3.3.3
  > library(bwt)
  >
  > test_check("bwt")
  Error: No tests found for bwt
  Execution halted
* DONE

See
  'C:/Users/khoongwh/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpKmUMRO/bwt.Rcheck/00check.log'
for details.

R CMD check results
1 error  | 2 warnings | 0 notes
checking tests ... ERROR
Running the tests in 'tests/testthat.R' failed.
Last 13 lines of output:

  Type 'q()' to quit R.

  > library(testthat)
  Warning message:
  package 'testthat' was built under R version 3.3.3
  > library(bwt)
  >
  > test_check("bwt")
  Error: No tests found for bwt
  Execution halted

checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... WARNING Non-standard license specification:
  GNU General Public License v3.0
Standardizable: FALSE

checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING Undocumented code objects:
  'bwt' 'ibwt'
All user-level objects in a package should have documentation entries.
See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

May I know how can I proceed? I am kind of lost a this pint in time, even after looking up CRAN's documentations.. If it helps, attached in this email is my .tar.gz file which I have submitted earlier.

Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused..

Warmest Regards,

Wei Hao Khoong (Mr)