[R-pkg-devel] RcppArmadillo-based package works in every tested OS except Debian

Julia A. Pilowsky jpilow@ky @ending from he@lth@@du@dk
Mon May 28 18:33:09 CEST 2018

Hello R developers,

I am the maintainer of the colorednoise<https://github.com/japilo/colorednoise> package, which employs RcppArmadillo. The package passes all checks on my local OS X install, on win_builder, and on Travis CI's Ubuntu distribution<https://travis-ci.org/japilo/colorednoise/builds/384377138>.

However, when I submitted the package to CRAN, I got an error message<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/colorednoise_1.0.2_20180527_174354/Debian/> for Debian and only Debian � all the other systems appear to run it fine. The error is for the unit test the package has for a RcppArmadillo-based function � all the other unit tests are for R or Rcpp functions.

I am really scratching my head over why this RcppArmadillo function is working on every OS except Debian, and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it, since I don't have a Debian install on my computer, and Travis CI only tests in Ubuntu. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Julia Pilowsky