[R-pkg-devel] SSL error during devtools::release()

Jennifer Bryan jenny.f.bryan at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:46:49 CEST 2018

If you are in a position to install the development version of git2r, that
is worth a shot.

devtools is calling git2r, which uses libgit2 (among other things), not the
system Git you are probably using when you "push to GitHub".

Your difficulty has a lot in common with this issue:
https://github.com/ropensci/git2r/issues/331

-- Jenny