[R-pkg-devel] some notes

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:40:51 CEST 2018

On 24/04/2018 1:07 PM, Xubo Yue wrote:
> Everyone, I appreciate for your help!
>
> Hey Uwe Ligges:
>
> There are four examples in my package: read data, calculate correlation,
> plot, and summarize connection network. The plot is the slowest one and
> I have to use donttest{} to avoid testing it on CRAN. All other examples
> are fast and take less than 10s, so I can let CRAN test it.
>
> Also Swetlana suggest me to write a vignette to demonstrate plot.
> However, my plot is in rgl device (an rgl window separated from default
> R plot window) and cannot be integrated into rmarkdown.

That's not true -- see the rgl vignettes, and the rglwidget() function.
The main limitation is that the output needs to be HTML rather than
LaTeX/PDF.  (There are ways to incorporate interactive rgl graphics into
PDF documents, but they are limited and fragile, so I don't recommend them.)

Duncan Murdoch