[R-pkg-devel] Cannot submit package due to misspell note

Dudek Andrzej Andrzej.Dudek at ue.wroc.pl
Fri Apr 6 08:12:43 CEST 2018

Ok, my fault sorry:

This is the original message for current submission from prof. Ligges

Dear maintainer,

package mdsOpt_0.3-1.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks automatically, please see the pre-test at:
<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/mdsOpt_0.3-1_20180404_090906/Windows/00check.log>

Current CRAN status: ERROR: 1, OK: 11
See: <https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_mdsOpt.html>

Please fix all problems and resubmit a fixed version via the webform.
If you are not sure how to fix the problems shown, please ask for help on the R-package-devel mailing list:
If you are fairly certain the rejection is a false positive, please reply-all to this message and explain.

More details are given in the directory:
<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/mdsOpt_0.3-1_20180404_090906/>
The files will be removed after roughly 7 days.

Best regards,
CRAN teams' auto-check service

And following the first link:

* using log directory 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/mdsOpt.Rcheck'
* using R version 3.5.0 alpha (2018-03-30 r74499)
* using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* checking for file 'mdsOpt/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'mdsOpt' version '0.3-1'
* package encoding: UTF-8
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'Andrzej Dudek <andrzej.dudek at ue.wroc.pl>'

Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
  De (13:2)
  Diday (14:47)
  Groenen (12:13, 14:2)
  Leeuw (13:5)
  Mair (12:30, 13:16)
  Walesiak (15:2, 16:2)
  Winsberg (14:18)

The Title field should be in title case, current version then in title case:
'Searching for Optimal MDS Procedure for Metric and Interval-valued Symbolic Data'
'Searching for Optimal MDS Procedure for Metric and Interval-Valued Symbolic Data'
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking serialization versions ... OK
* checking whether package 'mdsOpt' can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
** checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
** checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
** checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
** checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
** checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
** checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
** checking use of S3 registration ... OK
** checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
** checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
** checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
** checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
** checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
** checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
** checking use of S3 registration ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... [12s] OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd metadata ... OK
* checking Rd line widths ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking Rd contents ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
* checking contents of 'data' directory ... OK
* checking data for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking data for ASCII and uncompressed saves ... OK
* checking examples ...
** running examples for arch 'i386' ... [15s] OK
** running examples for arch 'x64' ... [16s] OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in 'tests' ... OK
* checking tests ...
** running tests for arch 'i386' ... [4s] OK
  Running 'testthat.R' [4s]
** running tests for arch 'x64' ... [5s] OK
  Running 'testthat.R' [5s]
* checking PDF version of manual ... OK
* DONE

So I assume the rejection is due to misspelling note (or maybe I cannot read this message properly :-))

Still appreciate any help

Best regards

Andrzej