[R-pkg-devel] Warning: rBind is deprecated-- but I don't call it

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:10:10 CET 2018

On 21/03/2018 2:48 PM, Alexandre Courtiol wrote:
> Hi William,
> Perhaps you use rBind indirectly...
> I don't know the best way to check that, but I would try to set a
> debug(rBind) before running some of your code in an interactive session.
> If any function uses rBind, you should notice as it will launch the
> debugger.
> Better ideas are welcome.

That's a good idea; setting options(warn=2) (so the warning becomes an
error) might also be good. To narrow the search, look at the log file
from the check.  Specifically, if checking package "foo", look at
foo-Ex.Rout for the output from running all the examples (and which
should contain the warning at an informative spot), or foo-Ex.R if you
want all the code that was run to get that output.

Duncan Murdoch