[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: R package can not over write

王玥 wangyuewy729 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:20:00 CET 2018

Hi guys,

I am writing my second R package and get in trouble with some wired
problems. I used to create "mypack" and "mypackV1" as two practics folders
to save the data and code.

(1) In one function in "mypack", I have a code that load("xx.rda") and in
the same function in "mypackV1", I deleted this line, but after I built the
package for "mypackV1" and used this function, it showed an error that
xx.rda can not be found. Does anyone know the reason?

(2) Then, I removed both "mypack" and "mypackV1" and re-created a new
folder named "mypack", but when I use the build("mypack") function, it came
out a mypackV1_1.0.tar.gz file. What caused this wired problem?

(3) Then, I installed mypackV1_1.0.tar.gz into R, but I only can use 3
functions (totally I have 5). The rest two even don't have .Rd files in
man/. When building the package, I did not see any error.

I know these are wired problems, but if you have any similar experience or
know how to fix it, please help me out.

Thank you.
Yue