[R-pkg-devel] Solaris and ggplot2

Dev Chakraborty dpc10ster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 19:48:40 CET 2018

Thanks Kevin; I took care of that error but was unable to check my fix on
r-hub solaris because ggplot failed to load on solaris; could it be that
CRAN uses a different version of solaris that allows ggplot to load? Dev

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 6:50 PM Kevin Ushey <kevinushey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Glancing at the R CMD check errors, available at:
>

> https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-patched-solaris-x86/RJafroc-00install.html
> )
>
> It seems like the issues relate to ambiguous calls to 'sqrt()'. This
> particular issue is discussed in R-exts, at:
>

> https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Portable-C-and-C_002b_002b-code
>
> You would likely be able to resolve this by calling e.g. 'sqrt(2.0)'
> instead of 'sqrt(2)'.
>
> Best,
> Kevin
>
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Dev Chakraborty <dpc10ster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My package RJafroc, which is currently on CRAN, passes all operating
> > systems except solaris-x86-patched, and as a result has been flagged for
> > removal. Using R-hub builder, I am unable to reproduce the log file
> because
> > a required package, ggplot2, does not exist for Solaris. I found the
> > following conversation on GitHub at the following URL:
> > https://github.com/tidyverse/ggplot2/issues/2273 (the conversation is
> > reproduced below).
> >
> > Could use any advice. Thanks.
> >
> > Dev

> > tdhock commented on Sep 23, 2017
> > Hey there, it seems that ggplot2 on CRAN has an ERROR on solaris
> > https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-patched-so
> > laris-x86/ggplot2-00check.html because of a test about date scales that
> > does not pass. Do you have any plan to fix?
> >
> > This is an issue for me because I have a package that imports ggplot2,
> and
> > I would like to use rhub to check it on solaris before submitting it to
> > CRAN. *However rhub can not perform the check because the ggplot2 package
> > is not available on solaris*. Here is the related issue at rhub
> > r-hub/rhub#83
> >
> >  @hadley
> >  Owner
> > hadley commented on Oct 30, 2017
> > *Probably not, since solaris is going away.*

Dev Chakraborty, PhD
Professor of Radiology retired
CEO, ExpertCAD Analytics LLC
412-480-7318 (cell)
‭(412) 427-5085‬ (alt. cell)
412-349-5305 (land line)

*Book website:*
https://www.crcpress.com/9781482214840
*Online supplementary material website:*
https://bitbucket.org/dpc10ster/onlinebookk21778
<https://www.crcpress.com/9781482214840>
*CAD Project website:*
www.expertcadanalytics.com