[R-pkg-devel] Depreciate Function

Georgi Boshnakov georgi.boshnakov at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 20:46:57 CET 2018

If the calls to your deprecated function can be replaced by calls to the new function - just do that.
In this way users will not be tempted to use the deprecated function.

If that is difficult, you can put a print statement in your old function telling the users whatever you want.
But this may well go unnoticed and is likely focused trouble to your users. And real pain if your package is used in other packages.

Georgi Boshnakov